Study to shew thyself approved to Yahweh, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15
SALVATION / BLOOD COVENANT
Salvation is a FREE gift and only comes through Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus Christ), the Passover lamb sent by Yahweh, because we are in blood covenant with Him. We believe that we cannot earn our salvation, but if we truly love Him we will have fruits of righteousness and obedience. The Scripture states in Matthew 6:21 and Luke 12:34, "Where your treasure is there will your heart be also." Yeshua also said in John 14:15, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." And John 14:23 says, "Yeshua answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me."
There is one thing I would like to make clear. The Father desires for us to be right with Him and He sent a deliverer as the final sacrifice and atonement for our sins. In the year of Yeshua's death, the last sacrifice in the temple was made during Passover on the same day that Yeshua died. A holy sacrifice was made! Yeshua was the true, sinless, spotless Passover lamb and His blood now covers/atones for our sins. At the time of His death, the veil which was separating the holy of holies in the temple was ripped from top to the bottom by YAHWEH Almighty and now we all can enter in to the Holy of Holies, boldly into Yahweh’s presence.
Some people don’t see that they have a need for a savior. Just like some people don’t understand that they need a doctor for heart surgery, because they are feeling fine, but when the proof is laid out before them and is revealed, they want to be fixed immediately, no matter what it takes. For a person to understand that they have a need for a savior, they must understand that they have been separated from Yahweh by their sins. That’s what the Torah and commandments are for. They show us what sin is so that we will know that we have a need for a savior.
Yahweh’s nature is pure, holy, and just and NO sin can be in His presence. I liked to give the following illustration when I was preaching out on the streets. If I took a bucket of scum, vomit, manure, maggots, etc. and I were to dump this upon your head when you were all dressed up and ready to get married, you would be angry and want to retaliate against me. You’d be grossed out. But if you were a pig, and I mean a real pig, a big fat pig, you would just eat it up. Pigs eat that because that’s their nature. The can even thrive on it. Just like it is hard for us to comprehend why a pig would want to eat such a disgusting mess, it is equally as hard for us to comprehend the true nature of Yahweh. He cannot allow sin to enter into His presence, because He is holy, holy, holy. He is just. He is awesome. THAT’S WHAT HE IS! When we become born again, we are not rats moved from a dirty cage to a clean cage. We were rats who have become His bride! Yes, HIS bride. You cannot get any more intimate and loving than that. Yahweh wants to call us His bride. So, if we are His bride, let’s look like it, act like it, smell like it, talk like it, work like it, and live like it.
Yeshua has changed my life and He’s still working on me. My best days are but filthy rags compared to Him, but He is faithful and just to forgive us from all unrighteousness. He is my deliverer. My prayer for the body of Messiah is that we would have a hunger and thirst for righteousness and purity and that we would have a deep, true hunger for His word. Please consider the Scriptures below and do your homework.
YOU NEED TO BE SAVED!
- Joh 3:3 Yeshua answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of Yahweh.
- Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of Yahweh;
- Ecc 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
- Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and Yahweh hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
- Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
- Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
- Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
YOU CANNOT SAVE YOURSELF
- Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith Yahweh.
- Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of Yeshua our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Yeshua Messiah our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
- Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Yeshua Messiah, even we have believed in Yeshua Messiah, that we might be justified by the faith of Messiah, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
- Pro 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Yeshua said unto him I am the Way, the Truth and the Life: no Man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6
- Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
- 1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of Yahweh the world by wisdom knew not Yahweh, it pleased Yahweh by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
- Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of Yahweh: Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
GOD HAS PROVIDED FOR YOUR SALVATION
- Rom 5:8 But Yahweh commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Messiah died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to Yahweh by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11 And not only so, but we also joy in Yahweh through our Master Yeshua Messiah, by whom we have now received the atonement.
- 1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Messiah also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: 24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
- 2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of Yahweh in him.
- 1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Messiah died for our sins according to the scriptures;
BELIEVE GOD'S WORD AND BE SAVED
- Joh 6:29 Yeshua answered and said unto them, "This is the work of Yahweh, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." Joh 6:40 "And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."
- Joh 5:23 "That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."
- 1Jo 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of Yahweh hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of Yahweh; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of Yahweh.
MUST CONFESS YESHUA MESSIAH BEFORE MEN
- Mat 10:32 "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."
- Luk 9:26 "For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
- Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Messiah Yeshua, and shalt believe in thine heart that Yahweh hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Master over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of Yahweh shall be saved.
SAVING FAITH PRODUCES GOOD WORKS
- Jam 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
- Jam 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed Yahweh, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of Yahweh. 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
- Phi 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is Yahweh which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
- Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in Yahweh might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
- Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to Yahweh.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
- Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve Yahweh, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve Yahweh.
Psa 106:4 Remember me, O Yahweh, with the favour that thou bearest unto thy people: O visit me with thy salvation; 5 That I may see the good of thy chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation, that I may glory with thine inheritance.
Please ask Yeshua to come into your life and take control. Allow Him to guide you. Ask Him to forgive you of all past sins so that you may be covered by His precious blood that was shed so that your sins could be atoned for. Then the scriptures in 2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore if any man be in Messiah, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." So walk in that newness. Get rid of anything in your life that would cause you to stumble back into sin. Walk upright according to the Scriptures. Yeshua said that if we love Him we would obey His commandments, so I urge you to show Him how much you love Him by your obedience. Pick up a Bible and read it from front to back. Ask Yahweh to reveal truth to you as you study His words. He is faithful to teach His own. Ask Him to continually reveal Himself to you. He WILL do this if as quoted from Jeremiah 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."
Psa 119:1 "Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of YAHWEH. 2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. 3 They also do no iniquity (sin): they walk in his ways. 4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. 5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! 6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments. 7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. 8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly. 9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. 10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. 11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. 12 Blessed art thou, O YAHWEH: teach me thy statutes."
May you be blessed as you seek Him and His righteousness.
If you are a RasTafari and you don't believe that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Maschiah (Messiah), please consider the Scriptures that are from the Tanakh, or what is commonly called the Old Testament. We prefer to call it the First Covenant.
Disclaimer: This article is provided by a third-party source. Providing a third-party article on rastafarigroundation.com indicates that we stand behind the content of that particular article, but it is not an endorsement by RasTafari Groundation of the author's opinion, lifestyle or work published elsewhere.
Study to shew thyself approved to Yahweh, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15
The 7 official fasting periods ordained in the ፍትሐ ነገሥት/Fitiha Negest:
- የረቡዕ እና ዓርብ ጾም/All Wednesdays and Fridays, except for the fifty days after Easter and also if the Feasts of Christmas and Epiphany fall on these days.
- Fast of the Prophets (ጾመ ነቢያት/Tsome Nebiyat): the fast preceding Christmas and which lasts for some 40 days. It begins with Sibket on 15th of the Ethiopian month of Hedar and ends on Christmas Eve with the feast of Gena on the 28th of Tahsas.
- ጾመ ገኀድ/The Gahad of Epiphany: the fast on the eves of Epiphany and Christmas
- The Great Lent: This fast is also known as Fast of Hudadie or ዐቢይ ጾም/Abiy Tsom. It is moveable and lasts for fifty five days
- Jonah's Fast of three days also known as Fast of Ninevah (ጾመ ነነዌ/Nenawe): This is also a fast of movable dates and is observed in commemoration of the preaching of Jonah. It comes on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the third week before Lent.
- Apostles' Fast (ጾመ ሐዋርያት/Tsome Hawariat): It begins on Monday after Pentecost and ends on the 5th of July.
- Assumption of St. Virgin Mary (ጾመ ፍልሰታ ለማርያም/Tsome Filseta): This fast is held from August 1-15 and is dearly observed by many.
National Holidays of Ethiopia
Many holidays follow the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church.
- January 7 (Leap Year January 6) - Ethiopian Christmas - Genna (ልደተ-ለእግዚእነ/ ገና) [Nisan 27]
- January 20 - Timkat (Epiphany)
- March 2 - Victory at Adwa Day (የዓድዋ ድል በዓል) [Commemorates Ethiopia's victory over Italy in 1896.]
- March 28 - Day of Lament - Hazen (የቀይ ሽብር መታሰቢያ ቀን) [Commemorates Red Terror (Also called candle festival). Always held one month before National Day.]
- moveable in spring - Good Friday - Siklet (ዓርበ ስቅለት)
- moveable in spring - Easter - Fasika (ብርሐነ-ትንሣኤ/ፋሲካ)
- May 1 - Labour Day (የላብአደሮች ቀን)
- May 5 - Patriots' Day (የአርበኞች ቀን) [Commemorates Ethiopian patriots (Arbegnoch)who resisted Italian invasion and occupation from 1936-1941. Official name is Arbegnoch Qen. (Patriots' Day)]
- May 28 - Derg Downfall Day (ደርግ የወደቀበት ቀን) [Commemorates the end of the Derg junta in 1991. Although this day is Ethiopia's National Day, its official name is Derg Downfall Day.]
- September 11 (Leap year: September 12) - New Year's Day - Enkutatash (እንቁጣጣሽ/የዘመን መለወጫ/አዲስ አመት)
- September 27 (Leap year: September 28) - Finding of the True Cross - Meskel (ብርሐነ-መስቀል)