Cleanliness is next to godliness
The book of Leviticus frequently deals with the issue of cleanliness and impurity so that the Children of Israel would be clean as a sign of separation from the surrounding nations. Yet in the New Testament, cleanliness finds mention in relation to the cleansing of the believer’s life.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
2 Corinthians 7:1
Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
So that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.
- Moderation in all things.
- Once saved, always saved.
- Better to cast your seed…
- Spare the rod, spoil the child.
- To thine ownself be true.
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- God helps those who help themselves.
- Money is the root of all evil.
- Cleanliness is next to godliness.
- This too shall pass.
- God works in mysterious ways.
- The eye is the window to the soul.
- The lion shall lay down with the lamb.
- Pride comes before the fall.