God works in mysterious ways
Though uncertain in origin and certainly not found in Scripture (the phrase may originate from William Cowper’s hymn “God Moves in a Mysterious Way”), that God does work in ways curious and beyond the measure of our limited experience and conception is obvious. Deuteronomy 29:29 reminds us that: The secret things belong to the Lord our God. The final chapters of Job present God’s reprimand of Job wherein He asks how Job could possibly understand or judge the reasons for God’s actions (Job being so far removed from God in power, wisdom, and longevity).
And perhaps the biggest mystery is revealed us in Romans 8:28. And we know that all things work together for the good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Though we may not understand the purpose of our circumstances in God’s plan, we are assured that every detail will work for the benefit of the Redeemed.
- Moderation in all things.
- Once saved, always saved.
- Better to cast your seed…
- Spare the rod, spoil the child.
- To thine ownself be true.
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- God helps those who help themselves.
- Money is the root of all evil.
- Cleanliness is next to godliness.
- This too shall pass.
- God works in mysterious ways.
- The eye is the window to the soul.
- The lion shall lay down with the lamb.
- Pride comes before the fall.